Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sarah's Round Up



Life has been spinning out of control lately.  Having these goals to ground me and keep me focused has been great, but trying to keep them in the forefront of my mind has been a little tricky as daily comeupances try to push them into the backseat.  At any rate, here's a round up of what's been happening on the ol' list:

1.  Weight loss:  I signed up with mynetdiary.com.  It does all the number crunching for you: how many calories you need, how much water you need, how many grams of this and that are in... this and that.  It's been super helpful, not to mention eye opening.  10 grams of carbs in an avocado.  Who would've thought!

2.  Straight A's:  I'll be honest with you fine folks.  That absolutely is not going to happen this semester.  Sarah and Science are mortal enemies and I'm taking two science classes this semester (if you count the labs it's more like four science classes).  A little less than mid way through the semester I accepted my fate of getting a few C's.  But the goal remains for Fall 2010.

3.  Artists Dates:  It's a slow process but I've been trying to take a moment here and there and deem them artists dates, even though I feel like I'm cheating a little bit.  This week I'm typing up a list of fabulous places to go and see and setting up a schedule.

4.  Finish a project- I'm THINKING a lot about my Emily Dickinson piece, and I suppose that's the first step.  The plan is to get started after the semester ends.  6 am writing sessions at Stella's here I come!

5.  Get something published:  Let's look past that one until I actually finish something.  I am going to look into some freelance opportunities.

6.  Leave the city, state, country:  Blerg.  This one is proving to be the most difficult.  Any places around the state you think I should visit, I need a daycation somethin awful?

7.  Read Austen:  Still working on Sense and Sensibility.  After I finish I'm going to take a break and then pick up Pride and Prejudice (again).

8.  Discover things about Denver: I'd like my first adventure to be a First Friday. I've never been and that's just shameful.

9.  Work on the Apartment: We have some plans and things to hang.  If you're good with a hammer we could use your help!

10.  Art from Ashes: NEED TO APPLY! OH MY GOSH I KEEP FORGETTING!  CRAP!

11.  Learn Creole/French: This has to wait until summer break

12.  Go to Haiti: I'm going to talk with the leader of the group I went with last time and email Heartline in May.  Yikes!

13.  Get all crafty and shiz: I have plans for some throw pillows and my mom said she'd help.  Mom time = bonus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shake the dust off that keyboard and type us something pretty.