Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jackie - The Silence Between the Notes

As a musician, you’re taught and reminded often how important the rests are in the music.

The silence between the notes is every bit as important as the sound itself.

We talk a lot these days.

And when you find yourself overwhelmed,
wondering what to say next,
it might be a good time to just sit back and listen for a while.
 [poem found at geekopedia.com]

I don't have anything goal-related to share, so I'm giving you a rest this week from hearing about my life and hopefully an extra chance to think intentionally about your own. Several people have told me our blog has encouraged them to make their own list of goals. If you've done so, we'd love to hear about it!

2 comments:

  1. my goal is to find a way to develop my own film. oh and do it cheaply and relatively well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that's a really cool goal, alex. you'll have to tell me how that works out for you. AND if you get it to work, i want a vercio original! :) ps... your brother told me at one point you had a blog. is that true?

    ReplyDelete

Shake the dust off that keyboard and type us something pretty.