Friday, September 3, 2010

You Should Have Some Fun and Spend Some Money, Genevieve



Well, well, well, what do you know. I'm actually holding true to my word of posting regularly again:) I decided to make this a focus for me and am now riding my 1 speed around the corner to a cute little neighborhood coffee shop every Friday morning and blogging. I'm so hip. I'm so trendy. Not really. At all.

After a pretty emotional past three weeks, I've finally gained a sense of reassurance. I'm not saying I have it all figured out or that every day is perfectly happy all the time, but I think that I'm coming out on the other side (famous last words). Every morning I wake up, I feel aware and raw, but stronger, and that's an eye opening realization for me. And then it hit me a few days back... I need to get out there! I need to have fun! And this subsequently led to me buying a lot of things and I will continue that streak today (with my mother's credit card not mine;)

So here is a list of things I've bought in the last week::
1. A ticket to dance the night away with the Local Natives, September 28th at The Fox.
2. Two tickets for a roomie date night on October 2nd to Jimmy Eat World.
3. 5 cups of iced coffee
4. Tickets to watch a newly aquired musical favorite of mine, Foals, October 12th at The Larimer.
5. Tickets for Apples In Stereo, October 22nd, which happens to be the day after my birthday, SO if you're a friend of mine and you're reading this, you better buy yourself a ticket and help me fill the Bluebird with my favorite people to celebrate my 24th year of life (bleeehhhh, I'm getting old).
6. A PLANE TICKET TO PORTLAND (this fulfills #3 under my personal goals) - Sarah and I will be buying big hats and rampaging the city for Halloween. Costume ideas??
7. A new haircut, complete with dark red color and blunt cut bangs. Shazam.
8. A new business casual wardrobe - My mother and I are hitting the mall this afternoon and I have a serious plan of attack.

And there you have it... I'm slowly getting back into the groove of life. Come join me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shake the dust off that keyboard and type us something pretty.