Thursday, May 27, 2010

Love, just love, Genevieve.

I feel as though I've said this a million times before, but people are what make me tick. I can't explain it, but there's something about the connection of one mind or heart or hand to another. And I must say that within the last few months I've really learned what it means to be intentional with the people in my life. It's been hard. I've had to realize that some relationships are not the same as they used to be, that some will remain constant and some are blossoming. It's a beautiful thing really.

A wiser, older person once told me,

"Some friends come and go, teaching you lessons along the way. 
And then there are those that grow to become family."

I've struggled with this concept in the past... since I have such an emotive connection with people, I've striven to constantly keep everyone in my life, but sometimes it isn't meant to be. Sometimes people come into your life at just the right time to show you a piece of your journey that you would have never seen before. Then they go just as quickly as they came. I used to take it personally, but it becomes exhausting and ultimately a waste of emotion. I'm now learning that the ones who truly care will stay. Their role and capacity may change, but in the end, they'll be there.

And it's truth you know
It's always the issue
And when it starts getting blurry
One's never better than two

There's a place in this world
Where people like me are found by people like you
So find a place as this forever divine

You're the best damn friend that I'll ever have
You'll always smile upon me when the season's bad
You'll always make me feel best even when I'm blue
You'll always smile upon me and I'll smile upon you too 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shake the dust off that keyboard and type us something pretty.