Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Jackie - The Bucket List


The past couple weeks I've been busy with the bucket list. The thing is, it's not my bucket list. It's Sarah's. And I'm completely ok with that. She moves in a couple weeksand we're doing all the stuff she's going to miss about Denver.

In the midst of this, especially her going away party last weekend it finally hit me that she's leaving. And I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty bummed about it. I'm happy for her, but bummed for me. I'll skip writing anything sappy right now, I'm sure I'll have plenty of time for that after she drops me off at the airport in Portland and I have to fly home alone.

All that to say, I've been slacking on my goals. I felt bad at first, then thought, I only have a couple weeks to spend with Sarah before she moves and I should take advantage of that as much as possible.

My goal for the last week and the next two are to help Sarah cross as many things off her bucket list as possible... but I'll let her tell you about what's on the list.

In the meantime, I'm going to do a little recap of where I'm at on each of my goals so that when it comes time to tackle them again, I'll have some point of reference.

PS... if you have goals for the summer, I'd love to hear how they're coming or what might be holding you back from completing them!

Goal 1:: Teach: I need to get together with Leslie to discuss how to be a good teacher and contact my student so we can get started.
Goal 2:: Write songs: I'm having a hard time getting started so I'd really like to attempt this with someone who is already a songwriter. Anyone interested??
Goal 3:: Reconnect: In June, I spent a whole weekend reconnecting with Joe and Leah when they were here. I saw them in May, but we were a little focused on the flood and building the Sham-Dam that we didn't get to chat much. In July, I'm going to connect with one of my cousins,
Goal 4:: Engage globally: I haven't approached this goal yet and I'm still not positive what this is going to look like.
Goal 5:: Take 2 of 4 trips: I went to Tennessee in May. I'm going to Portland in both July and August. I've still got it on my calendar to go to New York in November. I'm still working on Dallas. Sarah was going to drive with me, but it might be a bit of a long drive for her. I gotta keep working on that one.
Goal 6:: Redefine spirituality: I got together with Alyssa to make my list of questions. Now I need to contact the people I'm hoping will get together with me and see if they're willing to be involved.
Goal 7:: Define me: See post from 31 March 10.
Goal 8:: Be frugal: Turns out, I might be moving in with my folks for a couple months to save some money.
Goal 9:: Clean my box: The box is still overflowing.
Goal 10:: Post photos: I should work on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shake the dust off that keyboard and type us something pretty.