Thursday, July 15, 2010

Jackie - The Road Trip


I have gotten some things done in the last couple weeks! Turns out it wasn't on my list, but I feel accomplished anyway and wanted to share. Since Sarah's been doing some cleaning out and packing, I felt inspired to do my own. I got rid of an entire bag of clothes and twice that much "junk!" And I'm feeling pretty good about the situation. It feels so much nicer to have less stuff. Especially with 2 moves on the horizon.

My landlady said I could move into the one-bedroom in our building for a couple months and keep paying the same amount of rent. And I couldn't say no to that! But, moving 15 feet is gonna stink. [Who wants to help?? :)]. I still might move in with the folks for a couple months to get a jump start on paying down the debt, but I couldn't say no to her offer to stay on Columbine St. a little bit longer.

Since I haven't been working on my goals, I wanted to give you a glimpse of what I have been doing. We've been marking things off Sarah's bucket list like crazy! She hasn't posted... probably because she's been too busy doing the list and having breakfast with a lot of people before she goes... and I don't want to steal her thunder, but here's what's been going on.

Lipgloss... twice.
Buffalo Exchange
Leela's for chai
Water World
Lakeside
Lost Lake Lounge
Camping in the backyard
Show at the Marquis
Watercourse for breakfast
Planning something secret... hee, hee
City O' City
Wolf Pack Hangout
Making new friends [that wasn't on the list, but we did it anyway for good measure]
Having people over... a lot
She-wolf Hangout
Going Away Party
 
Feels like there was more. Sarah... what am I missing?

But now it's time for the big move. I mapped a route, found us a place to stay half-way and acquired us 20-some-odd hours of Harry Potter on CD. Sarah got her car service and acquired us road snacks. All we have left to do is load up the car and head out in the morning.

Watch out, Portland, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shake the dust off that keyboard and type us something pretty.